Manual Lymphatic Drainage
During the early 1930’s Dr. Emil Vodder created a unique range of movements which brought relief from various chronic conditions. Since Vodder’s pioneering work, MLD has spread world wide and has become a popular treatment in many European hospitals and clinics. It is now gained acceptance worldwide as a component in the treatment and control of lymphoedema.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow.
This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defense of the body and removes waste products. The first visit will also include a consultation during which the therapist will recommend the number and frequency of future sessions.
MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being.
– Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
– Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
– Helps to strengthen the immune system as part of “detox” treatment.
– Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
– Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema (for example during pregnancy, after a long flight) and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
– Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of scars
– Is recommended by physicians to use to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
– It is deeply relaxing.
If you plan to have regular Manual Lymphatic Drainage sessions at Massage Sense, we developed several discounted packages that will certainly meet your needs.
We do not work with any insurance company, so make sure to contact your health insurance company and check your policy coverage.
Do not use massage therapy to replace your regular medical care or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem.
If you have a medical condition and are unsure whether massage therapy would be appropriate for you, discuss your concerns with your health care provider.
You might also look for published research articles on massage therapy for your condition.
Pay After the session
Free Cancellation (Min 24h hours notice) - Can be rescheduled (min 24h hour notice) - Can combine with other Discounts - Less than 24h cancellation = 50% charge service amount - “No shows” / less than 4h cancellations = 100% charge service amount. - By booking this appointment you accept our Terms & Conditions
Share this page
Do you still have questions?
We will gladly help you.
Just fill in the form below, call or Whatssap us at 0648066574