Pregnancy massage is massage therapy specially designed for the expectant mother’s needs. It is also called pre-natal massage or maternity massage. It can help alleviate some of the most common discomforts experienced by pregnant women.
Prenatal massages are similar to regular massages; however, they are adapted to the anatomical changes experienced by a woman during pregnancy.
The therapist will take special care to ensure your comfort throughout the prenatal massage session.
At Massage Sense we use the body cushion to make you feel comfortable during your pregnancy massage. It is also possible to get a pregnancy massage in a semi-reclining position on your request or recommendation of your doctor.
Our massage therapists have had a specialized training in pregnancy massage, and we know what is safe for you and your baby.
You may not be aware of this, but a prenatal actually massage benefits both you AND your growing fetus/baby. One of the main effects of prenatal massage is improving circulations all over your body, hence easing the flow of oxygen and nutrients to your baby.
Studies have found that expectant moms who had regular prenatal massages greatly reduced their risk of postnatal depression, and also prepared their bodies to better handle the stress of labour itself. By taking care of your body and mind during pregnancy, you can look forward to a positive birth experience, as well as a deeper connection with your bouncing bundle of joy.
PLEASE NOTE: You should avoid massages on your 1st Pregnancy Trimester
Pregnancy massage offers a full range of psychological, emotional and physiological benefits.
– Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and musculo-fascial structures
– Assists in remedying many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy: muscular discomforts, lower-back pain, upper-back pain, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, stiffness, tension and knots, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, heartburn and acid reflux, fatigue, varicose veins, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, edema of the lower extremities, neck pain, interscapular pain, sacroiliac and hip joint pain and constipation
– Increases blood circulation, which provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus and stimulates the lymph system, thereby increasing immunity and removal of toxins
– Stabilises hormonal levels and helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
– Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mother’s body.
– Assists in maintaining good posture and adjusting to a changing alignment caused by the baby’s increasing weight.
– Eases the load on the heart and helps keep blood pressure in check
– Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
– Supports the return of blood to the heart and increases blood flow to the uterus and placenta.
– Prepares the mother-to-be for an easier delivery with its sedating effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and stress relief
– Offers a natural, safe, drug-free alternative choice for pain relief, since taking medications are often limited during a pregnancy for the sake of the unborn child
Women who have recently experienced any of the following conditions should speak with a health care provider prior to receiving a massage:
– Heavy vaginal discharge or if it is bloody or watery
– High-risk pregnancy
– Pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH)
– Previous pre-term labor
– Previous pre-term labor
– Experiencing severe swelling, high blood pressure, or sudden, severe headaches
– Recently gave birth
There are times when it is NOT appropriate to have a pregnancy massage if, for example, you are suffering from any of the following:
– Morning sickness or extreme nausea
– High temperature/fever
– Abdominal pain or cramping
– Unusual or identified pain
– Contagious illness
If you plan to have regular Pregnancy Massage sessions at Massage Sense, we developed several discounted packages that will certainly meet your needs.
We do not work with any insurance company, so make sure to contact your health insurance company and check your policy coverage.
Do not use massage therapy to replace your regular medical care or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem.
If you have a medical condition and are unsure whether massage therapy would be appropriate for you, discuss your concerns with your health care provider.
You might also look for published research articles on massage therapy for your condition.
Pay After the session
Free Cancellation (Min 24h hours notice) - Can be rescheduled (min 24h hour notice) - Can combine with other Discounts - Less than 24h cancellation = 50% charge service amount - “No shows” / less than 4h cancellations = 100% charge service amount. - By booking this appointment you accept our Terms & Conditions
Share this page
Do you still have questions?
We will gladly help you.
Just fill in the form below, call or Whatssap us at 0648066574