Despite being a relatively new massage technique in the Western World, the concept of Bamboo Massage has been in use for many centuries.Bamboo was considered a powerful healing tool in ancient China, Japan and Indonesia. Bamboo still symbolizes life, energy, prosperity, longevity and fertility in these cultures.
Bamboo massage is a technology that use of different length and diameter of bamboo poles for deep tissue work. In our massage practice we use so called Bamboo Fusion Technique where we combine the use of massage oil, heated bamboo sticks of varying lengths/sizes, hands, elbows and forearms.
Similar to warm stones, the belief is that the extra heat will penetrate more deeply into tissue and muscle layers.
Generally the longer, thicker sticks are utilized for gliding and rolling movements, primarily for larger muscles such as the back and thighs. Our therapists deploy the shorter, thinner canes to find built-up tension, knots and trigger points, and then vigorously knead these spots for release. Also smaller muscles such as those found in the hands and feet are massaged with the thinner stalks.
Typically the degree of pressure alternates between firm and soft, depending on the physical and mental issues being addressed in the session. All parts of the body are affected in some manner with the bamboo.
Most Eastern-oriented practitioners believe that the bamboo canes, as can the hand on its own, clear blockages to stimulate the flow of chi or energy.
Please note that if you are a skinny body type, this treatment is NOT suitable for you.
Like any form of massage, there are numerous physical, mental and emotional benefits. At minimum, it produces a deep sense of relaxation, serenity and inner wellbeing.
In addition to managing stress and promoting over-all good health, here are some of the ways a Warm Bamboo Massage may benefit you:
- Reactivates and stimulates blood circulation
- Improves lymphatic drainage and the removal of excess fluids.
- Can accelerate rehabilitation for many injuries and the release of endorphins provides the body with a natural pain killing boost.
- Release tension in major muscles through intensive kneading.
- Especially effective for runners and cyclists experiencing tightness in their legs and feet
- Relieves migraines
- Can improve sleep quality and help insomnia
- Helps alleviate arthritic pain, particularly in the neck and shoulders
- Improves nervous system functions and sensory nerve perception
- Increases joint and muscle flexibility
- Stimulates cellular activity to repair and intensely nourish the skin
- Breaks down and softens adhesions
- Assists to remove lactic acid to reduce pain
You should ask your insurance company if they cover Deep Tissue/ Sports Massage, and we can provide you with a detailed invoice, as it is the same price and treatment aim as the Warm Bamboo Massage.
We do NOT work with any insurance company, so please make sure to contact your health insurance company and check your policy coverage.
However, there are some ways you can reduce the financial burden of treating your body on a regular basis.
If you plan to have regular Warm Bamboo Massage sessions at Massage Sense, we developed several discounted packages that will certainly meet your needs.
Do not use massage therapy to replace your regular medical care or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem.
If you have a medical condition and are unsure whether massage therapy would be appropriate for you, discuss your concerns with your health care provider. You might also look for published research articles on massage therapy for your condition
Cancelation policy - Fixed & Flexible Appointments
Do you still have questions?
We will gladly help you.
Just fill in the form below, call or Whatssap us at 0648066574