Heat Therapy Treatment
Have you already heard about Heat Therapy? While the overall qualities of warmth and heat have long been associated with comfort and relaxation, heat therapy goes a step further. It can provide both pain relief and healing benefits for many types of back pain.
How does it work?
Many episodes of back pain result from strains and over-exertions, creating tension in the muscles and soft tissues around shoulder blades and the spine. As a result, this restricts proper circulation and sends pain signals to the brain.
Muscle spasms in the shoulders or in the lower back can create sensations that may range from mild discomfort to excruciating back pain. Heat therapy can help relieve pain from the muscle spasm and related tightness in the back and its muscles.
Heat therapy application can help provide back pain relief through several mechanisms:
- Heat dilates the blood vessels of the muscles surrounding the spine. This process
increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the
- Heat stimulates the sensory receptors in the skin, which means that applying heat to the back will decrease transmissions of pain signals to the brain and partially relieve the discomfort.
- Heat application facilitates stretching the soft tissues around the spine, including
muscles, connective tissue, and adhesions. Consequently, with heat therapy, there
will be a decrease in stiffness, with an increase in flexibility and overall feeling of
comfort. Flexibility is very important for a healthy back.
For many people, heat therapy works best when combined with physical therapy such as massage. Relative to most medical treatments available, heat therapy is appealing to many people because it is a non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical form of back tension relief.
Heat therapy package it consists of:
- Full body or back-only massage
- Salt back scrub with heat therapy back wrap.
- Other heat elements during the treatment
We strongly recommend you read our cancellation policy before you book your appointment.
|Fixed Value deal||Flexible|
|60 minutes|| |