Manual Lymphatic Drainage
During the early 1930’s Dr. Emil Vodder created a unique range of movements which brought relief from various chronic conditions. Since Vodder’s pioneering work, MLD has spread world wide and has become a popular treatment in many European hospitals and clinics. It is now gained acceptance worldwide as a component in the treatment and control of lymphoedema.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow.
This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defense of the body and removes waste products. The first visit will also include a consultation during which the therapist will recommend the number and frequency of future sessions. Each session will last approximately one hour.
What are the benefits?
MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being.
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
- Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- Helps to strengthen the immune system as part of “detox” treatment.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema (for example during pregnancy, after a long flight) and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of scars
- Is recommended by physicians to use to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
- and it is deeply relaxing.
We strongly recommend you read our cancellation policy before you book your appointment.
|Fixed Value deal||Flexible|
|60 minutes|| |
Zuzana is truly skilled and well training professional in a manual lymphatic drainage treatment. Being myself long hours sitting in my office, after one hour of treatment I feel more relaxed, and less tired. This treatment is effective as a gentle massage and very effective to reduce oedemas and to bring the swelling down. It helps me also with my chronic sinusitis, and chronic colds that I suffer from very year. It is just more then a massage, its a rely deep and gentle treatment. Thanks Zuzana!Ana M. B.